A, yea letter A trivia. Discover fun facts and interesting information about letter A. Its usage and other features contributing to its dexterity in this article.
A is the first letter of English alphabet preceding B; written in Latin script.
A is vowel.
As in article A, it can also be employed in English diction meaning "One certain or particular; any single, the same; one". Letter A is pronunced by the British as in /eɪ/ and Australia as /æɪ/
Hey! Get to know a few facts about A, as letter, how A is used, A abbreviations and trivia of A.
The first letter of the English alphabet, called A and written in the Latin script.
The ordinal number first, derived from this letter of the English alphabet, called A and written in the Latin script.
Article A can be used in a sentence grammatically. Article A is perhaps portraying "one; any indefinite example of; used to denote a singular item of a group."
Article A is also used in conjunction with the adjectives score, dozen, hundred, thousand, and million, as a function word [e.g 've seen it happen a hundred times.]
Sometimes also meaning any, every; used before a noun which has become modified to limit its scope; also used with a negative to indicate not a single one.
A is used before plural nouns modified by few, good many, couple, great many, etc.
Article A is used before a proper noun to create an example out of it, someone or something like; or apparently meaning similar to.
Other usage or meaning of A
- By saying A' level means Advanced level.
- A can be used to imply grade in academics meaning distinction (excellent).
- Vehicles from Austria are also distinguished by sign A
- In music, "A major" is major key with A as its tonic, with the notes A, B, C#, D, E, F#, and G#, the key signature of which has three sharps; the major chord with a root of A.
- A-okay colloquial usage simply means in perfect order; thoroughly acceptable.
- A-shirt means an athletic shirt or a similarly cut undershirt
The followings are notable abbreviations for letter A and their meaning in each context...
- A for Ace
- A for Acre
- A for Adult; as used in film rating
- A for Ammeter
- A for Angstrom (in physics)
- A for Answer
- A for An assist (in sports)
- A stands for An a####ual (in ####uality)
- A for Atom; atomic (weaponry)
- A (in UK) for arsehole
From Middle English and Old English upper case letter A and split of Middle English and Old English upper case letter Æ.
Food that starts with A
- Acorn Squash