You need to construct stunning, efficient pages in your PhrasePress web site however you’re not a developer…
It’s a Challenge as previous as time (or no less than as previous as PhrasePress!). And it’s precise Challenge that web page builder plugins have been made to repair.
Like Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Architect helps you construct complicated pages in PhrasePress without having to know any code. But it does so with a wholly new interface and extra styling choices.
In common, I feel it’s a serious improve over Thrive Content Builder. Read my Thrive Architect assessment for a deeper have a look at simply why I feel that…
- 1 Thrive Architect Review Summary: What The New Plugin Does
- 2 Building A Page With Thrive Architect
- 3 How Much Does Thrive Architect Cost?
- 4 Should You Use Thrive Architect?
Thrive Architect Review Summary: What The New Plugin Does
Thrive Architect is an entire relaunch of the unique Thrive Content Builder plugin. While there are various similarities between the 2 by way of out there parts and touchdown web page templates, the core variations are that:
- Thrive Architect is extra appropriate with all themes, whereas earlier than some options in Thrive Content Builder have been reserved particularly for Thrive Themes’ personal themes.
- You have extra styling choices, particularly when it comes to the mobile responsive model of your designs.
- It’s constructed to be quicker – the plugin is optimized to keep away from a few of the slow-downs people encountered with Thrive Content Builder.
- The UI is cleaner – the brand new interface is way more fashionable (and clearly inspired by Elementor – you’ll notice fairly just a few similarities).
Additionally, Thrive Themes modified what had beforehand been my largest criticism of Thrive Content Builder:
No extra shortcode lock-in.
Now, in the event you ever make the choice to deactivate the plugin, it should go away behind clear code as a substitute of the mess of shortcodes beforehand left by Thrive Content Builder. That’s an enormous enchancment proper off the bat and places it on par with web page builders like Elementor and Beaver Builder when it comes to left-behind code.
Of course, you continue to have all of the core options you’d need from a PhrasePress web page builder. That means:
- Drag and drop web page builder
- 184+ templates for touchdown pages
- In-line text modifying
- Helpful superior parts like testimonials and countdown timers
- Full-width layouts – these now work even with all themes, as a substitute of simply Thrive Themes’ themes.
- Hover results
- Detailed styling choices
- Mobile responsive design choices
Let’s go hands-on and take a look at all the things in additional element…
Building A Page With Thrive Architect
Once you put in and activate Thrive Architect, you’re prepared to begin constructing instantly.
It’s price noting that, like different Thrive Themes merchandise, Thrive Architect doesn’t comply with the conventional PhrasePress GPL licensing scheme.
As such, you’ll want to enter your license key earlier than you should use any a part of the plugin, not like many PhrasePress plugins the place the license secret is solely tied to updates.
Personally, that doesn’t particularly hassle me, nevertheless it doesn’t mesh with the PhrasePress GPL ethos and a few purists would possibly take subject.
With that out of the way in which, let’s leap into the Thrive Architect interface!
Here’s what it appears like if you first open the interface (I’m utilizing a clean web page template, which is why you don’t see my PhrasePress theme):
You can even change the sidebar to the fitting aspect in the event you want working that approach.
As I discussed, in the event you’ve ever used Elementor, you’ll instantly notice some similarities. Here’s what the bottom Elementor interface appears like for comparability:
Using Thrive Architect Elements To Build A Page
Thrive Architect divides its parts into two sections:
- Foundation – because the identify suggests, these are the core parts of any web page and certain what you’ll use essentially the most. It’s good that they’re all the time helpful on the prime of the web page.
- Building Blocks – these parts are extra particular and do issues like add testimonials, countdown timers, and extra. They’re useful, however you received’t essentially use every aspect for each web page that you simply construct.
To begin constructing your web page, all you want to do is drag a component from the left sidebar to the fitting sidebar:
Unlike many web page builders, Thrive Architect doesn’t drive you to create a piece or column structure earlier than you add parts. Instead, you possibly can simply go straight to dragging and dropping (it’s comparable to Beaver Builder on this respect).
That doesn’t imply you possibly can’t put parts inside containers for extra management, although. Thrive Architect offers you just a few completely different sections you should use to maintain (and magnificence) teams of parts:
- Background part – helps you to create a neat full-width and/or “fill screen” background
- Content field – can maintain a number of parts or draw consideration to a single aspect
- Columns – makes it simple to create a pre-designed column construction, although it’s not vital to create multi-column designs
Two Of My Favorite Features In Thrive Architect
Here are two issues that I really like about Thrive Architect. As far as I do know, no different web page builder provides the mixture of these two options. They are:
- In-line text modifying. You can edit your text instantly on the web page – no want for a sidebar (like Elementor) or a popup (like Beaver Builder).
- Drag and drop column creation. You can create a brand new column simply by dragging a component subsequent to one other aspect.
Here’s what in-line text modifying appears like in Thrive Architect:
And right here’s what I imply by simple column creation:
I do know these appear to be small options – however over time, every will prevent a non-trivial period of time.
Divi Builder has in-line text modifying, however no simple column creation. Beaver Builder has simple column creation, however no in-line text modifying.
So by providing each in the identical package deal, I feel Thrive Architect does a superb job differentiating itself.
A Look At Some Of Thrive Architect’s Most Helpful Elements
I can’t present you each single aspect supplied by Thrive Architect, however listed below are a few of the ones that I feel are essentially the most useful.
The Testimonials aspect helps you simply add social proof:
The Table aspect is very highly effective and may remove the necessity for a separate desk plugin for many makes use of. It helps you to construct and magnificence an entire desk construction:
Then, you possibly can drag the opposite Thrive Architect parts into the desk to create your design. This makes it tremendous simple to create pricing tables, comparability tables, and much extra.
It’s not particularly helpful for enormous datasets – nevertheless it’s excellent for many small tables that websites use.
You additionally get two completely different Countdown parts – one for the standard countdown timer and one other for an evergreen countdown:
And you additionally get a Lead Generation aspect to show you how to construct an electronic mail listing and join with quite a few widespread electronic mail advertising and marketing providers:
Styling All Of The Thrive Architect Elements
As I discussed, compared to Thrive Content Builder, Thrive Architect offers you extra management over every aspect that you simply use in your web page.
Unlike many web page builders, Thrive Architect places all of these choices in a single column, as a substitute of using a number of tabs:
I really want this strategy as a result of I discover it faster to work with.
You actually do have a ton of management now. Listing each single styling possibility would take some time, however listed below are a few of the highlights:
- Take full management over colours/typography
- Easily add customized margins/padding to transfer a component round
- Change floats and z-index for extra positioning
- Change backgrounds
- Add borders and corners
- Add animations
- Turn parts on/off for particular units to assist with responsive design
- Add customized CSS courses/IDs
And for some parts, you possibly can repeat the identical styles for various hover states. This offers you full management over what occurs when a consumer hovers over a component:
Now, in the event you simply need to rapidly construct out a structure, you may not essentially reap the benefits of all of these styling choices each single time.
But – it’s superior that they’re out there in order for you them.
Using Pre-Made Templates With Thrive Architect
One of the foremost sights of Thrive Content Builder was its enormous assortment of touchdown web page templates.
Those haven’t gone away – you possibly can nonetheless import them as wanted by way of Thrive Architect:
Honestly, a few of the touchdown web page templates nonetheless look a bit dated, particularly if you examine them to the attractive templates that the Elementor workforce is pumping out.
But you may have a ton of choose and may often discover one thing that no less than works as a baseline.
How Much Does Thrive Architect Cost?
You can buy entry to Thrive Architect in two alternative ways.
First, you should buy the standalone plugin beginning at $67 for a single web site license and limitless updates.
Second, you should buy the Thrive Themes Membership beginning at $19 per thirty days (billed yearly). This will get you entry to each single Thrive Themes product. If you’re a severe marketer, this package deal might nicely give you higher worth.
Should You Use Thrive Architect?
I all the time appreciated Thrive Content Builder – it’s what I used on my portfolio web site. But as a lot as I loved it, there’s no denying that it had change into dated.
Since its preliminary release, Elegant Themes launched the visible Divi Builder and Elementor rapidly chomped up market share. Plus, you continue to had Beaver Builder on the market being superior.
Thrive Architect is a serious improve that places Thrive Themes again within the dialog with these different web page builders.
The new styling choices are superior and I really feel extra assured utilizing it now that there’s no extra shortcode lock-in. While it may not have as giant a neighborhood as Divi Builder, Elementor, or Beaver Builder, I feel it’s a high-quality web page builder that may completely show you how to construct conversion-focused pages as rapidly as potential.
So in the event you’re available in the market for a brand new WordPress page builder – positively give Thrive Architect a glance.