Adexen Recruitment Agency – Our client is a major player in the Manufacturing industry with specialization in machine sales and servicing.
They are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Legal Council
Job Reference: 1487
Industry: Industry & Manufacturing
Function: Legal & Admin
- Work with the Company Secretary and Legal Adviser to assist in providing legal support for various areas of the company’s business with a strong emphasis on negotiating strategic customer contracts, vendor/supplier contracts as well as providing practical legal advice and guidance to internal clients on variety of issues, including, but not limited to, employment/HR issues, litigation management, marketing material reviews, and other general corporate/legal needs as well as carry out some company secretarial functions.
- Draft and review all contractual agreements, legal correspondence and internal policies to ensure that the company is adequately protected and in compliance with all statutory and legal requirements.
- Monitor changes in relevant legislation and other regulatory environment and advise the company on legal issues and risks that could impact the company’s operations.
- Provide legal advice to management and the board on commercial and employment law, HR matters as well as corporate governance matters.
- Liaise with external counsel, regulators and other third-party service providers.
- Manage litigation and debt recovery matters including litigation strategy and support and management of a litigation calendar.
- Provide advice on contract status, legal risks, and the legal liabilities associated with different transactions.
- Review advertise and market materials to ensure that they are in compliance with legal requirements.
- Provide secretarial services to include; preparation of agendas, minutes, notices and drafting of resolutions.
- Ensure proper custody and maintenance of statutory books and registers of the company.
- Ensure proper filing of annual returns and giving necessary notifications to the Corporate Affairs Commission (CAC).
- Prepare official documents on behalf of the company as authorized by executive management and the board.
- Offer general legal advice and guidance to business partners in support of business strategy, growth, mergers or other practices.
- Provide training to the company on legal topics and assisting the Company Secretary and Legal Adviser in performing duties whenever required.
- First degree in Law from a reputable university.
- Minimum ten (10) Years post call work experience gained in a large law firm and/or in-house with a well-structured organization.
- Excellent understanding of legal and commercial issues, financial practices and concepts.
- Excellent interpersonal and presentation skills, with ability to communicate effectively (written and oral) with other at all levels of the organisation and externally.
- Proactive with excellent critical and Challenge solving skills.
- Excellent Multi-tasking and organisational skills.
- Ability to work independently, with little or no supervision.
- Ability to work in a multicultural environment.
Application Closing Date
The post Adexen Recruitment Agency Job Vacancy : Manager, Legal Council appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – https://jobsinnigeria.careers.