Amazing Things To Know About Nigeria
We all know Nigeria is famous for its beautiful landscapes, wildlife, and diverse culture, but you will enjoy knowing many amazing things about this African nation.
- 1 Highest Populated Nation in Africa
- 2 Diverse Language
- 3 Nigeria is a Home To Ten Rich Pastors in the World
- 4 World's Richest Black Man is Nigerian
- 5 Igbo-Ora is a Land Of Twins
- 6 Oldest Civilization in the World is found in Nigeria
- 7 Land of Butterflies
- 8 Second Biggest Film industry in the World
- 9 Longest bridge in Africa is in Nigeria
- 10 Happiest People of the World are Nigerians
Highest Populated Nation in Africa
Nigeria is the highly populated nation in the continent having the population of 141 persons per square kilometer. It is adding more than 5.5 million people every year.
Although the official language of Nigeria is English, more than 510 languages are spoken in the country. Around seven percent of the world's languages are spoken in just one nation.
Nigeria is a Home To Ten Rich Pastors in the World
As per Forbes, each of the five pastors has a net value income of between 10 and 150 million dollars. Among them are Matthew Ashimolowo, Chris Oyakhilome, EA Adeboye, David Oyedepo, and the unpopular richest TB Joshua. Most of them gained their licenses through processing what is known as "televangelism", which means preaching through television channels.
World's Richest Black Man is Nigerian
Africa's richest man Aliko Dangote, with 67th ranking in the world, is Nigerian. He is an owner of the Dangote Group dealing with commodities like oil, sugar, salt and the real estate. He is operating from Lagos, having a net worth standing of more than 21 billion dollars in January 2015.
Igbo-Ora is a Land Of Twins
Igbo-Ora is a small town in Nigeria but is popular for the largest number of twins in the world. Approximately 50 pairs of twins are born in every 1,000 births. Scientists have not come to the conclusion regarding the real cause of the birth, but the presumption is that the Yoruba diet of tuber root could be the main reason.
Oldest Civilization in the World is found in Nigeria
The Nok civilization is one of the oldest in the world. Many artifacts found dates back to around 500 BC.
Land of Butterflies
Nigeria has the largest number of butterfly species in the world, particularly in the Calabar.
Second Biggest Film industry in the World
In 2009, UNESCO declared the Nigerian film industry as the second largest production unit in terms of output in the world after India's Bollywood. Popularly known as Nollywood, it is producing more films than Hollywood.
Longest bridge in Africa is in Nigeria
The Third Mainland Bridge connecting Lagos to the mainland is the longest bridge in Africa measuring around 11.8 km. The bridge was constructed by Julius Berger Nigeria PLC and opened by President Ibrahim Babangida in 1990.
Happiest People of the World are Nigerians
As per the studies, among the 65 nations of the world, Nigeria rates among the top in both happiness and optimism.
To visit Nigeria is itself an amazing treat, with so many beautiful things to see and experience.
As Crafted on eZine by Manmohan N Singh
- See The response Simi gave to an Instagram user who asked her to sack her make-up artist
- Are These The Top 100 Nigerian Best Rappers Of All Time?
- Emmanuel Ikubese Shares Mini Photo Album From His Wedding Introduction To Anita
- Vector “Judas The Rat”, drags Jesse Jagz in response to MI “The Viper”
- BBNaija: Tacha deletes all posts on her Instagram page (Photo)
- Throwback to BBNaija Mike and Perri wedding ceremony (Video)
- Homeless Nigerian man said to be mentally unstable seen in market in India (Video)
- Film director recounts how UNN lecturer made him loose his scholarship out of greed
- Junior Pope calls out Thin Tall Tony as he praises Mike for not cheating on camera
- BBNaija: Mercy Named As Innosson Motors Brand Ambassador