Amun/Amen/Amon/Amun-Re (Egyptian Chief-God)
Amun was the chief god all through most of Egyptian historical past. He rose to prominence round 2061 B.C.E., when rulers at Thebes reuniﬁed the nation after a time of political disunity. Amun was, over time, compounded with different deities, notably the solar god, Re, and the creator gods, Atum and Tatanen. Amun turned revered as a selfcreated deity who maintained his secrecy.
Amun turned referred to as the ba, or life pressure, inside every little thing in existence, together with gods. Amun was thought-about to be unfathomable by every other being, mortal or divine. The Egyptians honored him as a supreme benefactor of humankind, who bestowed the person blessing of life and obtained reward from highly effective and poor alike. Amun was generally merely referred to as merely Ankh, which means “life.”
Amun was the native patron of Thebes, the paternal ﬁgure in a Theban triad of deities— Amun, the vulture goddess Mut (mom), and the youthful moon god Khonsu.
Although Amun’s true kind was stated to be unknowable, artists have portrayed him as a person with a crown surmounted by two feathers. He additionally seems as a curly-horned ram or as a criosphinx, a ram-headed lion. His authentic, sacred animal was a goose.
The Greeks and Romans noticed Amun as a facet of Zeus and Jupiter.
- MUSIC: Yanga Chief – 200
- #BBNaija 2019: Mercy bags five endorsement deals
- Music: Touch of Soul – Ungowam’ ft. DJ Tira, Fey & Beast
- Nigerian movies dominate as Africa Movie Academy Awards (AMAA) releases nominees for 2019 awards (full list)
- MUSIC: Villa – Atanfo ft. Yaa Pono
- MUSIC: Ishak Spark – Nkomo ft. Ras Kuuku
- MUSIC: Falz – Loving
- DOWNLOAD: Omo Balogun Yoruba Movie (2019)
- Davido set to wed Chioma, shares photo from their marriage introduction, traditional wedding also on the way
- Davido set to wed Chioma, shares photo from their marriage introduction… See date for traditional wedding