Arca Payments Company Limited is a highly advanced Technology platform, helping to empower the new, digital era for Payments and fostering the Open Banking ecosystem.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Java Software Developer
- The Software Developer will manage Java/Java EE application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing
- The role will also design, develop and deliver high-volume, low-latency applications for mission-critical systems.
- The position will be charged but not limited with the following responsibilities:
Strategy & Planning:
- Works with other software developers, the software architect and designers in conceptualising and developing new software programs and applications
- Plans own work in phases of the software development life cycle (SDownloadC) for a variety of projects
- Assists in the preparation and documentation of software requirements and specifications
- Performs research on the requirements of software users and documents findings to serve
- Works closely with the Team Leader, Business Analyst and Product Owner for understanding the functional and system requirement
Acquisition & Deployment:
- Conducts research on emerging application development software products, languages, and standards in support of procurement and development efforts
- Recommends, schedule, and performs software improvements and upgrades
- Consistently writes, translate, and code software programs and applications according to specifications and PCIDSS standards
- Integrate software components into a fully functional software application.
- Write and execute unit tests for developed software applications.
- Perform peer to peer code reviews.
- Participate and contribute to software architectural design sessions.
- Maintain and implement source control & version management.
- Create technical documentation for all software applications.
- Deploy all developed application to the development environment for QA and Testing.
- Guide & follow through on developed software applications to ensure successful UAT and subsequent shipment.
- Works closely with the QA team to ensure quality and timely software development within his/her responsibilities
- Runs and monitors software performance tests on new and existing programs for the purposes of correcting errors, isolating areas for improvement, and general debugging
- Administers critical analysis of test results and delivers solutions to Challenge areas
- Ensures robust and sustainable enterprise social collaboration architecture for software development by monitoring matrices of the SOA, and fixing complaints/bugs logged by customers
- Installs software products for end users as required
- Creates and manages Application Programming Interface (API)
- Writes programming scripts to enhance functionality and/or appearance of company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary
- Removes code script from company Web site and/or related Web applications as necessary
- Liaises with network administrators, systems analysts, and software engineers to assist in resolving Challenges with software products or company software systems
- A Master’s Degree will be an added advantage
- Minimum of four (4) years’ experience
- Proven hands-on Software Development experience
- Proven working experience in Java development
- Experience in the financial/payments industry
- Hands on experience in designing and developing applications using Java EE platforms
- Object Oriented analysis and design using common design patterns.
- Profound insight of Java and JEE internals (Classloading, Memory Management, Transaction management etc)
- Excellent knowledge of Relational Databases, SQL and ORM technologies (JPA2, Hibernate)
- Experience in the Spring Framework
- Experience as a Sun Certified Java Developer
- Experience in developing web applications using at least one popular web framework (JSF, Wicket, GWT, Spring MVC)
- Experience with test-driven development
- Understanding of Agile development methodology
- Compensation and benefits are highly attractive and competitive.
Application Closing Date
30th September, 2018.
The post Arca Payments Company Limited Job Vacancy : Java Software Developer appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria - https://jobsinnigeria.careers.