Fufu Processing, Variants and Thrilling Facts
Fufu is a staple food commonly found in numbers of African nations most notably Nigeria and Ghana. Fufu is best served with groundnut soup (egusi soup as called in Nigeria), eru (Cameroon), palm nut soup or light soup.
Fufu contains a greater amount of carbohydrate and a little bit of protein and fat. It is also very low in cholesterol and very rich in potassium.
Fufu is achieved by mixing and pounding separate equal portions of cassava starch and sometimes with green plantain flour thoroughly with water.
It is then adjusted to either increase or decrease the viscosity of the fufu depending on personal gastronomic preferences.
Meanwhile, some other means such as semolina, maize flour or mashed plantains may take the place of cassava flour in making fufu.
Fufu is known as fufuo in Ghana, foufou or foutou in Côte d'Ivoire. Other names for fufu is also Akpu, Loiloi and Water fufu as called in Cameroon.
Fufu is processed by fermenting some cassava. The fermented cassava is ground into a puree which is eventually cooked into delicious fufu.
That is, pieces of [boiled] cassava or other tubers are pounded together in a mortar using a wooden pestle. In between blows from the pestle, the mixture is turned by hand and water gradually added till it becomes slurry and sticky.
The mixture is then formed into a ball or a rounded slab and served. With the invention of the fufu machine preparation has become much less labour-intensive.
For fufu preparation, click on each of fufu variants below to learn:
Fufu has types or variants which is based on the actual ingredients used in its preparation. Fufucan be prepared with cassava, banana or plantain, semolina, corn etc.
Be that as it may, preparing fufu is not as arduous as we may think. Fufu is a staple in a good number of African countries and as a result had various versions. One by fermenting cassava then blending and cooking and others.
The followings are fufu variants:
Casava Fufu: Cassava is used in making this sort of fufu and this tends to the most common vintage recipe. Click here to know how to prepare cassava fufu from scratch.
Corn fufu: This is another good blend of corn to make fufu. It attracts no real deal of special turnaround or trick. Learn how to make corn fufu now here.
Plaintan fufu: Absolutely the sweetest of all fufu variants. This is made by fermenting banana or plantain in place of casava. See how to make your own plantain fufu in this article
- Download Emiloye 2 Latest Yoruba Movie (2019)
- Download Richy Rymz – Oh My God (Noticed Cover)
- Stunning new photos of Actress Eniola Badmus, as she turns 42 today
- Rapper, Ikechukwu recounts how he was kidnapped by SARS operatives last night, taken to Lagos Island and made to exhaust my ATM allowance or they would have killed me (Video)
- Ikechukwu ‘Kidnapped’ By SARS Officials
- Download Emiloye Yoruba Movie (2019)
- Festus Keyamo reacts to trending photo of himself and one of the 77 Nigerians arrested by the FBI for online fraud
- [Video] Spider-Man Theory: Mysterio Planned To Fake His Own Demise
- List of Adekunle Gold Songs and Albums
- Interesting Facts about Funke Akindele Husband, JJC Skillz