Make Ogbono Soup proper out of your kitchen wherever. Wondering how to prepare dinner Ogbono Soup or just put, how to put together Ogbono Soup? get right here for Ogbono Soup recipes step-by-step information.
Ogbono soup is in several variations, one with no added greens, the opposite with greens. This explicit Ogbono soup recipes variation is Ogbono Soup with Okra whereas we even have the latest fancy Ogbono soup with added Egusi.
Ogbono soup (draw soup) is a Nigerian dish made with floor dry ogbono (the native identify for Irvingia) seeds, with appreciable native variation. The floor ogbono seeds are used as a thickener, and provides the soup a black coloration.
This soup is usually eaten within the jap a part of Nigeria. Ogbonno is thick, slippery and really nutritious. It might be served with Eba, Amala, Pounded yam or Fufu.
- 2 ozof blended of ogbonno
- Blended Okra (10 items)
- 25 kg of Boiled assorted meat
- 4 Snails
- Dried inventory fish and smoked inventory fish.
- ½ oz Periwinkle
- ½ oz Crayfish
- A handful of Ugu leaf
- ½ oz Locust Beans
- 4 Small yellow chilli pepper
- 1 ½ cooking spoon of Palm oil
- Heat 1 cooking spoon of palm oil and some slices of onions for two minutes.
- Add two cups of water and the Ogbono then stir altogether. Do not cowl, go away for five minutes. The content material turns into thick brown, if too thick add some water.
- Add the crayfish, pepper, inventory fish, shrimps, locust beans, assorted meat and Pomo (pores and skin beef). Leave to prepare dinner for 10 minutes.
- After cooking for 10 minutes add the blended Okro and periwinkle go away to prepare dinner and verify it attracts (very slippery), then stir altogether, go away for an additional 10minutes.
- Add the Ugu vegetable and seasoning for style go away for 3mins (don't overcook greens).
- Serve with Fufu, Amala, Pounded yam, EBay or Semolina.
Ogbono Soup will be eaten with fufu, pounded yam, or with rice. In different nations the soup could also be obtainable in packaged ready kind in some markets focusing on Western African meals. Ogbono soup has a mucilaginous (slimy) texture, related to okra soup from which it received its "draw soup" identify.