You can update your Chromebook in minutes — no technical knowledge required. The process is similar to updating the Chrome browser and only requires a few clicks.
The first step is to make sure you’re connected to a Wi-Fi network — you can’t update your Chromebook without an internet connection. Once that’s done, click on your account photo in the bottom-right corner of the screen and select “Settings.”
Then just click the menu icon in the upper-left corner and select About Chrome OS > Check for Updates. If there’s a Chromebook update ready, your device will start Downloading it automatically. To finish the process, search for the Chromebook update icon near your account photo and click Update > Restart to Update.
How to update Chromebook — Step-by-step instructions:
- Connect your Chromebook to a Wi-Fi network.
- Click on your account photo in the bottom-right corner of the screen.
- Click “Settings.”
- Click the menu icon in the upper-left corner and select “About Chrome OS.”
- Click “Check for Updates.”
- Click “Update” followed by “Restart to Update” to finish the process — located near your account photo.
There you have it, folks — that’s how to update your Chromebook. Any thoughts or questions?