The African Reinsurance Corporation (Africa Re) is the leading pan-African reinsurance company and the largest re-insurer in Africa and the Middle East in terms of net reinsurance written premiums.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Risk & Compliance Officer
- The successful candidate shall support in the Department in risk management & compliance processes.
The duties of the Risk & Compliance Officer shall comprise amongst others the following:
- Liaise with risk champions to regularly collect risk and financial data and perform analyses on such data
- Support the Risk & Compliance department in the periodic risk management process
- Update and manage the Corporation’s risk software
- Support in analyzing data and assumptions to be used in risk and capital modelling
- Monitor risk exposures and compliance with risk policies
- Liaise with business units to obtain KYC information on existing and new clients as well as performing due diligence on such clients
- Manage business continuity plans
- Generate and prepare risk reports
- Support in enterprise-wide risk sensitization and communication
- Support in coordinating rating exercises
Minimum Qualifications And Experience
- First University Degree in relevant fields (Finance, Accounting, Risk Management, Actuarial Science);
- 4-5 Years of experience in risk Management & compliance role;
- Relevant work experience in the Insurance and/or Reinsurance industry will be an added advantage.
Main Competencies Required For This Position:
- Sound knowledge in data analysis and interpretation of financial statements;
- Very high numerical and analytical skills;
- Sound knowledge of the financial services industry;
- Very good reporting skills;
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, as well as proven writing and reporting skills;
- Ability to multitask and learnt fast;
- Very high integrity and good sense of responsibility;
- Good interpersonal skills;
- Advanced level of proficiency in Microsoft Excel tool and excellent skills in other MS Office applications (Word, Access, PowerPoint).
Additional Requirements For Candidates For This Position
Applicants must also be:
- Fluent in English, working knowledge of French will be an added advantage;
- Nationals of Members state of Africa-Re
- Not more than 35 years old
Salary and Benefits
The successful candidate shall have the following benefits:
- Competitive Basic Salary on the Corporation’s Grade Level SS3
- Variable pay (Annual Performance Bonus)
- Joint contribution to the Provident Fund (7% of the basic salary paid by staff and 14% by the employer)
- Children education subsidy for each child up to 26 years (maximum 4 children)
- Medical cover for staff and family;
- Housing Allowance
- Transport Allowance
- Inflation Adjustment
Application Closing Date
15th September, 2018.
The post African Reinsurance Corporation Job Vacancy Risk & Compliance Officer appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria – https://jobsinnigeria.careers.
See more details and jobs in Nigeria