D is the fourth letter of English alphabet preceding E. D is used in different context and also as a slang for "d!ck".
D is pronounced as /di:/ or /ɖ/
D is the fourth letter of English alphabet preceding E.
In snooker, D is regarded as the semicircle on the baulk line, inside which the cue ball must be placed at a break-off.
D is also an academic grade better than an E and worse than a C. A grade awarded for a class, better than outright failure (which can be F or E depending on the institution) and worse than a C anyway.
Using the word D-Day figuratively implies the date of any major event planned for the future. And historically, June 6, 1944, is regarded as the D-Day, the date during World War II when the Allies invaded western Europe.
D in computer programming is a particular high-level programming language inspired from C++.
The word D-beat is regard to as a subgenre of hardcore punk named after the English band Discharge.
Former currency unit of Germany 1948 - 2002 is also refer to as D-mark [Deutschemark] now replaced by the Euro.
Shortening of douchebag, D-bag is used to call someone an idiot or retard; a general purpose moderate insult [Just get out of my life, you D-bag!]
In signal processing,a low quality intraframe containing only DC components, used for high-speed previews.
In music, D-flat major is a major key with five flats with the notes D♭, E♭, F, G♭, A♭, B♭, C
- Lowercase "D" that is, "d" is used to represent the word death or died [William Shakespeare, d 1616].
- D is used as an academic grade meaning pass, better than a E and worse than a C.
- D stands for Defense.
- In the US, using D means Democrat, especially preceding the constituent location. [D-New York]
- D stands for Divorced.
- As in direction, D means Down.
- Drive, the setting of an automatic transmission.
- In printing, D stands for Duodecimo, as adopted by the American Library Association.
- D is colloquially used to represent d!ck; penis.[She wants the D!] and at times to mean Damn!
- D stands for data (electronics).
Foods that starts with D
- Dried plums (prunes)
- Doh nut
Places that starts with D
- Dominican Republic