The International Rescue Committee (IRC), one of the world’s largest humanitarian agencies, provides relief, rehabilitation and post-conflict reconstruction support to victims of natural disaster, oppression and violent conflict in 42 countries. The IRC is committed to bold leadership, innovation and creative partnerships. Active in child protection, public health, education, livelihoods, women’s empowerment, youth development, and protection and promotion of rights, IRC assists people from harm to home.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Consortium Advocacy and Information Officer
Reports directly to: The Senior Consortium Coordinator
Duration: 7 Months
Start Date: 1st October, 2018
- The Advocacy and Information Officer will oversee the implementation of the ProSPINE program’s advocacy activities and coordinate reporting requirements;
- Contribute to the development of the ProSPINE strategy and work plans
- Work with staff, community based structures, implementing partners and other stakeholders to develop a policy advocacy strategy and plan for the program
- Establish and maintain partnerships with relevant national and subnational governmental agencies;
- Assess and improve the existing capacity of government at national and sub-national levels to implement, monitor and evaluate their actions to improve the policy environment for the conflict affected populations in North East Nigeria.
- Develop materials and oversee trainings for government officials and other relevant stakeholders on relevant advocacy and policy issues.
- Collaborate with government officials, local NGOs, and other key stakeholders to improve policy formulation and implementation toward more effective prevention, protection, and response for communities
- Coordinate the preparation and implementation of the consortium institutional multi-year advocacy plan.
- Coordinate the research and production of content for advocacy including drafting or inputting into briefing papers, speeches, submissions to intergovernmental meetings, web content, and other institutional reports.
- Coordinate plans and implement advocacy campaigns in coordination with other consortium members.
- Ensure ample and positive collaboration on advocacy-related issues with long-term international partners.
- Provide leadership in exploring the use of new technologies for advocacy.
- Represent the consortium members to external media as appropriate.
- Produce regular updates on the ProSPINE program for selected audiences.
- Organizes relevant training for staff and consortium members.
- Perform other duties as may be assigned.
Visibility and Communications:
- Coordinate the development of a communication and visibility strategy for the consortium; oversee preparation of materials such as brochures and newsletters.
- Assist in coordination of high-level visits by government officials, donor representatives and other special visitors through collaboration with senior leadership, preparation of briefing materials and post-visit visibility.
- Oversee Annual Report development, editing and ensure completion and distribution.
- Assure consortium visibility of programs and key events including: program updates, website, social media sites, etc;
Qualifications and Experience
- University degree in peace studies, social sciences, Law, international relations or other related field. Masters preffered.
- Minimum three years of advocacy-related experience and in a humanitarian context:
- Solid knowledge of international human rights instruments and mechanisms.
- Substantive experience concerning production of conflict and policy analysis for advocacy purposes.
- Proven outstanding writing and editing skills in a range of formats for various audiences: news and feature reporting; research reports; newsletters; speeches; opinion pieces; web content.
- Experience in designing and managing successful advocacy campaigns.
- Experience working with policy makers at the national/ international level.
- Knowledge of the local languages Hausa and Kanori will be an added advantage
- Self-motivated with a positive attitude and able to work efficiently and accurately to deadlines.
- Highly creative with a proactive attitude and able to generate and implement innovative ideas and strategies.
- Excellent research and analytical skills.
- Excellent collaborative skills and ability to establish effective working relationships with a significant diversity of groups - in terms of culture, religion, geography, and age - across the organization.
- Strong communicator with outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2018.
The post IRC Job Vacancy Consortium Advocacy and Information Officer appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria - https://jobsinnigeria.careers.