Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Roving Logistics Officer
Location: Borno State and Other places (Travelling to areas of intervention)
Supervisor of Driver: Fleet Assistant
Supervisor of Roving Driver: Emergency Coordinator
Hierarchical & Functional links
- The Roving Logistics officer works under the responsibility of the Emergency Coordinator.
He supports the Emergency Team for functions including:
- Driver supervision,
- Fleet management
- Equipment and stock management,
- Project team support,
- Field activity visit,
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1 - Responsible for:
- Setting up of base in new areas of intervention
- Involved in Explo mission for emergency intervention.
- Ensure the efficient management of resources (fleet, Assets, utilities)
- Ensure good weekly vehicle planning
- In collaboration with the drivers and car hire vehicle ensure on time repair & maintenance of fleet vehicle.
- Ensure on time repair & maintenance of Generator
- Monitor the purchase of fuel for vehicles and generator;
- Anticipate the vehicle needs for base in relation with project & office activities
- Ensure the rehabilitation of premises, clinic & regular check.
- Ensure the participation of logistics in selection of premises for projects & offices
- Ensure that communication means are available for professional work (internet, telephone etc.)
- In collaboration with the log base and supervisor, conduct the logistics assessments in the field whenever required, and provide the support to team in the field.
Objective 2 - Equipment management and ITC:
- In collaboration with the base logistician, anticipate need of equipment for the base.
- Management of supplies.
- Ensure the good usage and maintenance of MDM equipment, (cleaning, security, protection; maintenance) … each extra equipment must be in secure metallic locked metallic shelve locked, inventory doc must be stick inside the door of the shelves.
- Ensure the tracking of equipment (Physical inventories every month, ensure that all equipment is labelled, if not he must refer it to the log base.
- Update on monthly basis the asset equipment list;
- Ensure that each staff when he received an equipment as sign the reception of equipment and keep it update. (when staff give back is equipment at the end of his contract make sure after checking the equipment state the staff sign the return of equipment form;
- Ensure that each equipment has an ID card, if not must refer to his supervisor,
- In case of any breakdown of any equipment during emergency, ensure that the following document is submitted at the base log: Report of the breakdown from how and when it’s happen and who.
- With support of the log Co, make sure proper utilization of IT equipment (each staff need to clean his laptop, not put it under water, shadow, dusty) etc.
Object 3 - Base Meeting and Report
- Participate meetings with logistics base staff or take meeting minutes for emergency team
- Participate in logistics meetings and programs for the movement planning once a week,
- Participate with the Log base at the monthly SITREP
- Field visit report should be done during emergency
Objective 5 - Team management:
- Provide technical support to team on logistics’ issues including hygienist in ERT MDM project
- Conduct the appraisal interview for roving drivers
- In collaboration with the log base, identify the training needs conduct/ arrange the training for them
- Make sure HR rules / guidelines followed in management of team.
Objective 4 - Security and context follow up:
- Inform the Log base on any evolution of the local context;
- Involved in security assessment as directed by ERT Co.
- Report to your supervisor and log base in case of security incident;
- Implementation of emergency measures, if required, under the supervision of the Emergency Coordinator
- On the spot ready to move zeal in emergency (all location)
- Ability to supervise emergency structure in remote places for shelter
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2018.
The post Médecins du Monde Job Vacancy Roving Logistics Officer appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria - https://jobsinnigeria.careers.