Médecins du Monde Job Vacancy : Fleet Assistant
Médecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Fleet Assistant
Duration: 6 Months (Extendable after performance review)
Supervisor: Base Logistician
Hierarchical & Functional links
- The Fleet Assistant is responsible for facilitating and coordinating movements, maintenance, and planning of all vehicles operated by MDM in Maiduguri.
- This job includes vehicle repair follow-up, maintenance as well as facilitating all movement needs and monitoring of field movements. The position will demand a highly motivated, detail-oriented individual who will be able to identify, report and solve challenges as they arise in the office.
Tasks and Responsibilities
Objective 1: Responsible for supervising the driver fleet:
- Organize daily movement according with the program’s needs.
- Organize and ensure a routine maintenance schedule for all MdM leased vehicles and ensure that a stock of fuel is maintained at the Base.
- Assist the log base to coordinate with programs to ensure increase/phasing out of vehicles.
- Assist the log base to maintain comprehensive vehicle and generator maintenance records and a plan for maintenance schedules at the Base.
- Assist in assessing any external garages/ suppliers, which are being used by MdM to ensure they can and are providing sufficient support to the MdM’s fleet at an acceptable cost.
- Assist the log base to ensure that all vehicles have an onboard spare tyeare, first aid kits, emergency tool kit, emergency contact numbers, internal vehicle numbers and MdM branding.
- Assess all drivers’ skills and conduct driver training as required and this includes making recommendations to the line Manager.
- Conduct daily vehicle inspections along with drivers to monitor the use of vehicles through logbook management.
- Maintain daily vehicle inspection schedule and records and assign all mechanical maintenance plan.
- Ensure all the cars are refueldf every Friday in the afternoon and any other day that the level of fuel is half tank
- Ensure transparent and accountable fuel management for vehicles and generators.
- Ensure scheduled and need-based maintenance of generators.
- Ensure generators always have adequate fuel to run uninterruptedly.
- Ensure monthly and need-based vehicle and generators utilization reports.
- Assist in Organising the transportation of goods to the various warehouses/stores and clinics.
Objective 2: management:
- Supervise drivers and prepare their planning at the end of the month.
- Supervise and manage loading and unloading staff (Cars, Trucks, etc.), as well as casual workers hired subject to the approval of the line manager.
Object 3: Reporting:
- Ensure that line manager is informed of any Challenges regarding fuel quality, generators and cars.
- Send the fuel and maintenance follow up to log base at the end of the month.
- Be aware of any document regarding detailed responsibilities of the drivers.
- Participate in meetings and possible trainings.
- Other work can be requested by the supervisor to assist in the good smoothing of the project
- University graduate in related field
- An experienced personnel with INGO in fleet management
- Good knowledge of managing drivers and logistics
- Ability to fluently speak Hausa and Kanuri is an added advantage
- 1 to 2 years experience is also an advantage.
Application Closing Date
16th September, 2018.
- I am becoming the person I should have been a long time ago – Peter Okoye says