Save the Children is the world’s leading independent organisation for children. We work in 120 countries. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: NJR Project Officer- Consultancy
- Nigeria Joint Response (NJR) consortium consists of 5 INGOs of the Dutch Relief Alliance (DRA). Save the Children (SC) leads the consortium. In 2018, the NJR is in its phase 4 and is contributing to the humanitarian crises in the North East of Nigeria, through emergency food security and livelihoods (FSL), nutrition, protection and WASH support to internally displaced, returnees and host community households in the most affected States of the North East.
- The Project Officer, will support the NJR response ensure all coordinated Knowledge management, Monitoring, evaluation, accountability, learning(MEAL) and representation to both internal and external stakeholders. The role will lead on the set- up of strong systems to promote good practice sharing and learning within and without the consortium. This will involve working with the established working groups, community or practices and lead agencies in the implementing locations. This role will lead in development of advocacy communication. The office will work under supervision of the Consortium Coordinator
- Work closely with the NJR Consortium Coordinator and in collaboration with relevant staff of NJR’s 5 partner INGOs, partner CSOs, and beneficiary communities to:
Key Tasks of Consultancy
Monitoring, evaluation, accountability and learning (MEAL):
- Lead the MEAL working group to deliver its TOR ensuring complimentary of actions across all partners.
- Support the Joint MEAL activities in line with the MEAL plans.
- Make regular visits to partner sites, to capture, document and share relevant materials which would contribute to program reporting
- Contribute to relevant analyses as well initiatives related to the development of relevant strategy and sector documents and plans.
- Contribute to the timely development of periodic reports (post-distribution monitoring (PDM) reports, evidence-based project impact reports etc.)
- Ensure the findings and best practices of past phases of the program as well as other relevant initiative feed into program implementation
Documentation/Communication (External and Internal):
- Source for, develop and disseminate compelling print and online communication, advocacy and knowledge management materials
- Lead the timely development and approval of concise, quality and appealing info graphics, case studies, good practices, briefs, sitreps, newsletters and other relevant communication materials about the program
- Work closely with relevant stakeholders to ensure adherence to NJR visibility and branding guidelines Explore and implement opportunities (including the photo gallery and other innovative tools) to
- Contribute to the preparation of timely and quality programme reports in collaboration with relevant technical and M&E staff
- Communicate about the program with a wide variety of state, national and international level stakeholders (including the Dutch Relief Alliance)
- Produce as relevant reports, briefing papers, presentations and communication tools (foraccountability and fund raising) for internal and external audiences
- Ensure tools and strong systems are in place to highlight, document and share programme learning.
- Lead on the production of key messages points, press releases, and other media materials related to the programme, that adhere to the communication protocols of the lead agency and its partners as well as take into consideration prevailing security situation and beneficiary consent and dignity.
- The consultant will be expected to comply with Save the Children’s Child Safeguarding Policy and Code of Conduct; details on these policies will be provided at the start of the consultancy.
- University degree in related academic discipline or equivalent work experience
- Two years’ experience working with a nongovernmental organization in a humanitarian setting
- Proven mastery of communication tools (Publisher, PowerPoint, internet, twitter etc.)
- Strong, compelling, innovative and audience-sensitive writing, analytic and communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and ability to effectively handle multiple tasks and meet strict deadlines
- Ability to write clear and well-presented documents
- Excellent time management skills, and ability to organise multiple priorities
- Experience negotiating, developing and implementing successful partnerships with multiple stakeholders
- Demonstrated monitoring and evaluation skills
- Ability to work both in an advisory and a hands on implementation capacity
- Excellent communication skills with a high level of written and spoken English
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Computer literate
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances
- Capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible in difficult and at time insecure working circumstances.
- Ability to travel extensively including to implementation sites of NJR partner agencies Commitment to the aims, mandate and values of Save the Children (SC).
- Commitment to and understanding of SCI’s and NJR partners aims, values and principles.
- Emergency response exposure is an added advantage
- Project Management skills
- Experience working in a complex country programs in an emergency response or fragile state
- Previous experience in a similar role especially on a project/program funded by an institutional donor
- Good knowledge of the North East of Nigeria, its culture, local languages and community dynamics
All applicants to include daily rates.
Application Closing Date
14th September, 2018.
The post STC Job Vacancy : NJR Project Officer- Consultancy appeared first on Jobs in Nigeria - https://jobsinnigeria.careers.