Search engines are a whole lot of solutions to ambiguities of data present online. They provide a flexible medium of reaching information and data with lots of option at hand easily.
Web search engine is a product framework that is intended to search for data on the World Wide Web. The search results are for the most part presented in a line of results frequently alluded to as search engine results pages (SERPs). The data might be a blend of web pages , pictures, and different sorts of documents. Some search engines additionally mine information accessible in databases or open registries . Not at all like web catalogs , which are kept up just by human editors, search engines additionally keep up continuous data by running an calculation on a web crawler.
Though, there are a lot of search engine online either focusing on specific file, directory, information source, etc. However, List of top search engines are therefore listed below:
- Google: Google was launched in 1997 and is the most used search engine in the world (and is often the most visited website in the world).
- Bing: Search engine by Microsoft (launched in 2009).
- Yahoo: A search engine that was launched in 1995, and since 29 July 2009, has been powered by Bing.
- Ask: General purpose search engine.
- Baidu: Chinese / Japanese search engine. The most used search engine in China.
- Yandex: Russian search engine. The most used search engine in Russia.
- blekko: Search engine which can display website statistics and has a user generated slash-tag feature for grouping webpages.
- Ixquick: Metasearch engine with options for choosing what results are based on. Respects search privacy and results can be opened into an Ixquick proxy window.
- Startpage: Search engine by Ixquick and enhanced by Google. Respects search privacy and results can be opened into an Ixquick proxy window.
- DuckDuckGo: Metasearch engine. Respects search privacy.